Cleanse with Care
Cleansing is not just the first step of your skin care ritual, it is also the most important. Cleansing washes away the buildup that's accumulated on your skin during the day—dirt, grime and oil—to lay the proper foundation so that the rest of your skin care products can work more effectively. Bottom line, your cleanser has a lot of work to do, and choosing the right cleanser is essential for healthy, radiant skin.
Why Use a Cleansing Balm?
Cleansing balms have been gaining popularity, and for good reason. So, what makes a cleansing balm different than your average cleanser? Cleansing balms are oil-based and can effectively cleanse without stripping the skin of its natural oils. As the saying goes, "like attracts like," so oil-based cleansers are most effective for breaking down makeup and excess oil without over-drying the skin, which can lead to irritation. Our cleansing balm uses ingredients like Manuka Honey, Royal Jelly Peptides and strengthening probiotics to cleanse while also enhancing the skin barrier, which protects your skin from environmental irritants and pollution. As a bonus, the ritual of massaging these rich balms into your face helps encourage lymph flow to stimulate detoxification.
Try this simple ritual using our Manuka Honey Cleansing Balm and Facial Cleansing Brush for a nourishing cleanse. You can use the balm alone or as a first step to a double cleanse. If using a second cleanser, be sure to choose a sulfate-free formula to support the skin microbiome. For best results, perform this ritual once a day in the evening. If you have oilier skin, you can use the cleansing balm twice daily.
- Be sure to apply the balm to dry skin.
- Use quick, short strokes when brushing — as you would when dry brushing.
- Before rinsing, massage the balm into your face for deeper cleansing. The balm should emulsify.
The Manuka Honey Double Cleansing Ritual:
Step 1: Nourish & Soften:
Apply a small amount of Manuka Honey Cleansing Balm to fingertips. Gently warm it in your hands before massaging into dry skin. Begin with the décolleté, and continue up the neck, chin, cheeks, and forehead.
Step 2: Brush & Smooth:
Dip a facial brush in warm water and start to brush, repeating each step 3 times on each side:
- Beginning at the center of the chest, brush outwards towards your right, then left armpit
- Brush up from the center of your collarbone using light, short strokes towards the base of one ear, the chin and then the other ear
- Brush from the center of the jaw along the jawline to the base of your right, then left ear
- Sweep from the tip of the nose out across the right and then left cheek
- Using a circular stroke, brush up the bridge of the nose, and across the forehead to the right and then left temple. Repeat on the opposite side.
Step 3: Emulsify & Energize:
Splash your face with warm water to emulsify the balm and massage with your fingertips, using upward strokes from chin to hairline. Wipe off with a warm, moist towel or rinse with warm water.
Step 4: Second Cleanse
Now that your skin is prepped and receptive, use the Naturopathica cleanser of your choice to add benefits like redness relief, line reduction, or extra hydration.
Balance & Refresh
(Normal or combination skin types)
Aloe Vera Cleansing Gel
Sooth Redness & Prevent Irritation
(Sensitive skin types)
Chamomile Cleansing Milk
Calm Breakouts & Clear Acne
(Oily or breakout-prone skin types)
Colloidal Silver & Salicylic Acid Acne-Clearing Cleanser
Smooth Texture & Replenish Moisture
(Dry or mature skin types)
Oat Cleansing Facial Polish