Tuesday, June 16, 2020
To Our Naturopathica Family,
During this time away, a bright spot has been the shared sense of optimism that we will persevere and be together again soon. Following guidance from the CDC, WHO, OSHA and the International Spa Association, we’ve taken great care to craft the most modern and sophisticated safety protocols in the spa industry which will be the hallmark of our reopening plans. We did this work not only for our own Spa Centers, but also as a service for our +350 spa partners who are similarly navigating these uncharted times.
Our deliberate approach will begin with opening our East Hampton Spa & Healing Center for both in-home and on premise treatments on June 24th, as Suffolk County enters Phase 3 of New York’s re-opening guidelines. We plan to reopen New York City based locations as soon as guidelines and safety permit.
While our Spas will look a little different when we open (we’ve eliminated waiting areas, product testers, and glass cups to serve tea and water), and masks will cover the grins I know our staff will wear when they first see their much-missed family of clients, the Naturopathica holistic healing experience will remain unchanged.
There will also be some new procedures to follow including:
- Online booking: Appointments must be booked by close of business the preceding day.
- Buy Online, Pick-up In-Store: Products can be purchased on our website and picked up same-day from our Spas & Healing Centers.
- Wellness Screening: 12 hours in advance of appointments both clients and staff will complete online health screens.
- Masks: All guests and staff will wear masks while inside the spa.
- Temperature Checks: Upon arrival, all staff and guests will have their temperatures checked with contactless thermometers. Clients whose temperatures are +100 degrees will have their services canceled free of charge. Staff will be excused until it is safe for them to return to work.
- Personal Protective Equipment: Front of house staff will wear masks and gloves. Therapists will also wear goggles.
- Social Distancing: The floors will be marked to facilitate correct social distancing.
- Linens: A fresh set of disposable paper linens will be used for each treatment.
- Sanitization: All tools, equipment, and surfaces will be sanitized before and after each appointment. Surfaces will be disinfected hourly.
The situation remains fluid and unpredictable, so we will proceed with caution and care, not to mention tremendous enthusiasm.
In good health,
Emma Froelich-Shea, President