HOW TO MASSAGE YOUR EARS
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, energy or “qi” flows through channels that can be mapped throughout the body and each channel is paired with an organ. Imbalances of the gallbladder channel are often symptoms of toxic stress overload. The gallbladder channel wraps around the ear, perhaps explaining why massaging the ears is so deeply pleasurable. By triggering the release of brain endorphins, your body initiates a profound relaxation response that helps to boost immunity and reduce feelings of stress and anxiety.
Next time you are looking for a quick way to de-stress and recharge, try this self-care ritual.
- Place 2-3 drops of Inspire Aromatic Alchemy onto the palm of your hand, rub your hands briskly together and inhale deeply to combat fatigue and ground the mind.
- Apply a pea size amount of Mighty Mint Rescue Cream to your fingertips. Using the pads of your fingers, starting at your temples, gently massage in a circular motion, moving towards and around the ear to relieve tension.
- Placing thumb and index fingers behind ears and third finger in front, “scissor” the ears rubbing up and down. This has a very calming and deeply nourishing effect on the nervous system.
- Next use thumb and index fingers and massage the ear lobes. Continue up to the middle of the outside of the ears and gently rotate the entire ear in circles.
- Complete the ritual by applying healing energy. Rub both hands briskly together until heat builds up and then cup your ears. Take several deep breaths and allow the heat to energize the senses and re-invigorate the mind.