Natural and Organic
Many Naturopathica products and ingredients are audited and certified by Ecocert, the largest and oldest independent natural and organic cosmetic certification body. Adding the Ecocert seal to a Naturopathica product ensures that it has gone through a rigorous review process, from ingredient sourcing and formulation to manufacturing and packaging.
The Ecocert Standard guarantees:
- All ingredients are derived from renewable resources and manufactured with environmentally friendly processes.
- A minimum of 50% of natural ingredients are certified organic.
- An audit of all raw materials, formulas and labels.
For more information on the Ecocert certification process, visit: http://cosmetics.ecocert.com/
and spirit based on a holistic approach to health and traditional healing practices.
WORKPLACE: We are a majority woman owned and operated company. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and provide holistic health treatments to empower a personal commitment to well-being.
Our Approach to Formulation
All of our products are allergy tested to ensure that they are free of any ingredients that could harm sensitive skin.
No Animal Testing
We are a member of the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics and all products are Leaping Bunny-certified as cruelty-free.
Made in the USA
Our products are made in the USA.
Ingredients with Integrity
- Ingredients that are natural and naturally derived
- Proven botanical ingredients and clean cosmeceuticals
- Ingredients with a good environmental rating, according to Environmental Working Group standards
- Ecocert-certified ingredients when possible
We do not use
- Preservatives linked to health issues and skin irritation:
(Parabens, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHA, BHT)
- Petroleum or Petroleum-derived ingredients (Mineral Oil, Paraffin Wax, Carbomer, Benzene, Toluene)
- SLS, SLES, ALES, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Octoxynols
- 1,4-dioxane, Ethoxylated compounds (PEGs, PPG, Ceteareth, Polysorbate 60, -80)
- Nitrosamines (MEA, TEA, DEA)
- Glycols and Diglycols (Propylene Glycol, Ethylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol)
- Animal ingredients (Lanolin, Musk, Collagen, Squalene)
- Quarternary Ammonium compounds (Polyquaternium)
- Synthetic polymers (Nylon, Polyacrylamide, Elastomers, Poloxamer, Styrene, Vinyl)
- Synthetic sunscreens (PABA, Oxybenzone, Benzophenones)
- Ingredients hazardous to the environment (Non-biodegradable, toxic, harmful: EDTA, Silicones, Triclosan)
- Synthetic fragrances (Phthalates: DBP, DMP, DEP)
- Synthetic colors and dyes