Natural and Organic
Many Naturopathica products and ingredients are audited and certified by Ecocert, the largest and oldest independent natural and organic cosmetic certification body. Adding the Ecocert seal to a Naturopathica product ensures that it has gone through a rigorous review process, from ingredient sourcing and formulation to manufacturing and packaging.
The Ecocert Standard guarantees:
- All ingredients are derived from renewable resources and manufactured with environmentally friendly processes.
- A minimum of 50% of natural ingredients are certified organic.
- An audit of all raw materials, formulas and labels.
For more information on the Ecocert certification process, visit: http://cosmetics.ecocert.com/
WORKPLACE: We are a majority woman owned and operated company. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and provide holistic health treatments to empower a personal commitment to well-being.
COMMUNITY: We support groups who share our values, including the American Botanical Council, the Green Spa Network and local non-profit organizations.
Our Approach to Formulation
All of our products are allergy tested to ensure that they are free of any ingredients that could harm sensitive skin.
No Animal Testing
We are a member of the Coalition for Consumer Information on Cosmetics and all products are Leaping Bunny-certified as cruelty-free.
Made in the USA
We are proud to manufacture products in the USA.
Ingredients with Integrity
- Ingredients that are natural and naturally derived
- Proven botanical ingredients and clean cosmeceuticals
- Ingredients with a good environmental rating, according to Environmental Working Group standards
- Ecocert-certified ingredients when possible
We do not use
- Preservatives linked to health issues and skin irritation:
(Parabens, Phenoxyethanol, DMDM Hydantoin, Diazolidinyl Urea, Imidazolidinyl Urea, BHA, BHT)
- Petroleum or Petroleum-derived ingredients (Mineral Oil, Paraffin Wax, Carbomer, Benzene, Toluene)
- SLS, SLES, ALES, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Octoxynols
- 1,4-dioxane, Ethoxylated compounds (PEGs, PPG, Ceteareth, Polysorbate 60, -80)
- Nitrosamines (MEA, TEA, DEA)
- Glycols and Diglycols (Propylene Glycol, Ethylene Glycol, Butylene Glycol)
- Animal ingredients (Lanolin, Musk, Collagen, Squalene)
- Quarternary Ammonium compounds (Polyquaternium)
- Synthetic polymers (Nylon, Polyacrylamide, Elastomers, Poloxamer, Styrene, Vinyl)
- Synthetic sunscreens (PABA, Oxybenzone, Benzophenones)
- Aluminum Zirconium
- Ingredients hazardous to the environment (Non-biodegradable, toxic, harmful: EDTA, Silicones, Triclosan)
- Synthetic fragrances (Phthalates: DBP, DMP, DEP)
- Synthetic colors and dyes